2.3

Address 17 Zhangwang Hutong, Dongcheng, Beijing, China

Phone +86 10 6404 2653

Something is really up with this place lately!! I am a frequent traveler to beijing, as my fiancé is a chinese woman, and stayed at hutong inn on 4 occasions in the past.

really enjoyed it but recently i have gotten some really bad feelings here. i should be wise to tricks as many times i have been to beijing now, and being 57 yrs old i should know better!

but a nice guy approached me at the couch area in front of front desk on my most recent trip and we began chatting about nothing in particular! the guy said his name was star, and he was traveling as well, from shanxi and he wanted to hang out with me around beijing. we went a lot of places together that day, and i was bored because my fiancé had not yet returned from her shanghai business trip so i thought what the heck. i thought whats the harm, right?

well the harm was my new friend ACTUALLY wasn't a traveler and a native to beijing as i would soon find out.

the guy took me to DASHANQING tea house on chizi street, a teahouse notorious for crimes, as i would find out-but did not know at the time.

we drank several teas, had a nice little chat and they kept telling me NO PICTURES NO PICTURES , i now wish i had snapped a couple but i didnt.

anyway i came out bad, came out with a hole in my wallet. they ripped me $200 exactly. called my bank to dispute it, which all worked out in the end without having to contact police. so that was good.

me and my new so- called friend left this scamming tea house and walked around a little while. then after about an hour he took me back to hutong inn.

now heres the thing..... this guy told me he was a traveler right? this is how i know he wasn't.

about 3 days later, i guess he assumed i already checked out, me and my girlfriend are coming out of my room and going into the front lobby, and lord and behold! we see the same guy chatting up another tourist! THE SAME GUY!

I told the tourist, who was a girl, she better WATCH OUT! because he is a scammer and he will end up taking you to dashanqing tea house on chizi street!

She was just looking at the guy like as if to say.... hmmmm.... me and my lady didnt stick around to see what she said but i assume she did not go with the guy.

We also saw this same guy talking to the front desk staff on 2 different occasions.

So, something is up! This place has gone into cahoots with some tea scammers, to scam tourists!

Terrible. shame on you, hutong inn. After my last experience, you will never see me in your hotel again!!! I told front desk about this, and asked them why they were chatting with the guy who tried to scam me, and it fell on deaf ears! nobody at hutong inn would talk to me about it, and gave me some REALLY NASTY LOOKS!

I Hope this can help some of you other travelers. good luck everyone! Make an informed decision on where you want to stay!!! If you stay here, its not so bad, just dont let anyone take you anywhere. and if some random guy comes to you and says he is also a tourist, think of this review!

Peace and love!

Preferred solution: stop scamming!.

Had an Experience with Hutong Inn Zaoyuanju Hotel?

Comments